We love helping our guests make changes with their hair color! Whether going darker or lighter, there are some things you should do to maintain and protect your hair color. In this post we want to give our best tips for taking care of your darker hair to keep it looking its best.
- If your hair has previously been lightened, make sure your stylist fills your hair. This will help keep your new hair color from fading as fast and also give it a more rich, beautiful tone. Without filling the hair, the color tends to turn out dull, muddy or green.
- Do not wash your fresh color for at least 48 hours. This will give the color a chance to set and fully process in the hair.
- Use a professional shampoo and conditioner that is meant to help protect color from fading. Our favorite is Kenra Professional Color Charge.
- Always Always Always use a heat protectant. Heat is the number one culprit or hair color fading! We recommend Kenra Professional Color Charge Spray Serum. It smells like it is straight from Heaven and protects the hair up to 450 degrees!
- Continue taking the best care of your hair by drinking lots of water, using deep conditioning treatments and hair oils, washing your hair in cool water and getting regular trims. Healthy hair is always prettier and holds onto color better.
Keep in mind that darker colors do tend to fade so make sure to schedule a follow up appointment with your stylist so she can help you freshen it up!
As always, we wish you a beautiful hair day!