Summertime is officially here and it’s a hot one!! The heat and fun adventures of summer can take a toll on our hair so we wanted to give you some of our best tips.
- If you are going on vacation, don’t rely on the hotel’s shampoo and conditioner!! Pack some of the good stuff. If you are flying, you could purchase a sample or travel size from the salon.
- UV protection. Hair needs it as much as skin to prevent damage. Especially blondes who have less melanin. We recommend our favorite leave in conditioner: Mizani Miracle Milk 25.
- If you’re a blonde, rinse your hair out after swimming in a chlorinated pool! You can put conditioner or a hair mask to protect your hair. If you’re in the pool often, we like to recommend Malibu’s Swimmers products to treat and protect the hair.
- If you wear extensions, always wet them with tap water, apply leave in conditioner and pull into a bun or braid before getting in the pool or ocean.
- Beware: some sunscreens can discolor your extensions or blonde hair. Always get avobenzone free and put your hair up before applying to your skin.
- If you’ll be riding ATVs, make sure you put your hair in a braid and wear a hat. The wind blowing through and dirt in your hair can really cause some damage. After your activity, start at the ends and work your way up, gently brushing it out.
Were these tips helpful for you? As always, make sure you are using high quality products and always use your heat protectant if you are going to add any heat to your hair!